Saturday, May 1, 2010
Well that went REALLY well...
This morning Aldine ISD had their transfer fair, and the student teachers were invited to attend. The recession has hit Aldine hard and they can no longer promise student teachers a job anymore because they are in a hiring freeze. I went to Humble ISD last night and had resumes left over. I figured why not save some ink and use the rest this morning. My objective read: to find a long term teaching position in Humble ISD; a district that values each student. Generic? Very much so. However generic it is, I realize that it will not help my chances with Aldine. If only I would have realized that before I left the apartment this morning. I realized it half way through the transfer fair. At my 5 remaining interviews I tried to make a joke of it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment