Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's the point to this life?

So lately I’ve been asking myself… what’s the point? What’s the point of working at a job that is a lot of stress? What’s the point of even attempting at a career when I could easily get a low paying job that I wouldn’t have to care about (if you know me at all you know that I wouldn’t be content with a low paying, responsibility-free job)? I’ve been wondering about the point of life for awhile now, but the stress of student teaching has really made me wonder what do I want most from life?

After a little bit of thought I can honestly say I want a family first and foremost out of life. However, I don’t think I could handle the stress of bringing children into this world without insurance and financial stability. How do you do it otherwise? Since Chris doesn’t have a career yet and I’m at the beginning of my own journey, the idea of having a family will have to be put on hold for a couple of years right??? Unfortunately I have strategically placed these pictures of Chris and I on the wall at eye level by my computer… smart huh? Now all I see are our cute faces smiling back at us and I wonder when is our day for a family going to come?




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jeff and I are kind of in this same boat. We want a big family, but at this point we don't have the stability in our own lives to start thinking about it. It is frustrating being the woman with the potential to get the "benefits" that come along with the job. Don't you think? I feel a lot of pressure myself... You will be an amazing teacher. Are you going to stay out there in Texas? You are almost done with your student teaching!