If you can't tell, I'm homesick for the Mormon culture. I miss it a lot. I enjoy learning more about Texas every day, but I also appreciate where I came from. I am not an active Mormon, but I don't mentally complain about the church anymore.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Post Secret
So I came across the Post Secret movement by accident a few years ago. It's a great idea that helps people with guilt, loss, and/or depression; but, it's also very trendy these days. I have enjoyed reading the new secrets every Sunday on the Post Secret blog; however, I wonder if all the people who send in secrets have selfless motivations. I googled the "faking it mormon" blog this morning and read up on the new phenomenon that was an unknown blog less than 24 hours ago. Did the author send in her secret to promote her blogging career? It's an interesting question to pose. Whatever her motivations are I think her posts are funny... but I can't say I support her purpose completely. I feel bad that she dislikes the Mormon culture that much, but I hate to think of the many people who will read her posts and assume the worst. The LDS church gets a bad rap from every outlet, but people aren't that smart. No one takes the time to find out for themselves because we are used to instant gratification. What if 70% of her commenters actually observed and took part in the LDS religion? Would they be singing the same tune?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment