And he is also wearing the best shirt that we got from Hawaii. It states that his Hawaiian experience was "heavenly"
I also had the opportunity to break my Ikea lamp for a second time. Sadly the small glass shade isn't the strongest structure in our tiny apartment and one misplaced step made the super glued glass shatter again on the carpet. So I decided on my mission and set out to re-glue the already super glued edges... I didn't find all the pieces and there is still a small hole. But the small Ikea lamp will live on, just not on my nightstand any longer. I replaced the cute lamp with a more utilitarian dollar store purchase.
The cherry blossoms won me over in the store.

This picture is a great Internet find that links to the sad misfortune that I received in the mail today. While researching possible jobs in Logan in the classifieds I found a great opening for a youth counselor for struggling female adolescents. I anxiously sat by my cell phone day and night to answer the promising phone call offering me salvation from my current retail slump. Sadly that phone call was transformed into a rejection letter stating that the "[academy] does not hire males for direct care staff due to licensing procedures"... in other words I was rejected because the academy thought that I had a penis and they got this from my resume. I don't know exactly how Marissa came off as masculine or how anything else came off as manly but I was rejected on false assumptions. I called the academy and left a message with the receptionist that I would like to clear up the mistake and get more information for the reason that I was pulled from consideration for the position. I still haven't heard back from them, but hopefully soon I will. If not the experience will go down as the funniest refusal I have ever had.

Our last two pictures refers to the hilarious story of the business man wearing jeans at Cafe Rio. So Chris was called by the alarm company yet again with the information that the alarm in Cafe Rio had gone off. Usually its a false alarm and the company can turn the alarms off remotely. However, on this occasion the company was positive it was a break in. On his way home Chris saw that there were police at Cafe Rio and decided that it might just be important enough to stop and offer the fine police department any additional help they might need. That is when he saw for the first time the businessman who was wearing the douchey pointed shoes that are shown below. This said businessman was from Rexburg, Idaho and had come down to a meeting with his security company. You are all probably familiar with this type of company, they wrangle college students into committing the majority of their summer to travel to a distant land and sell security systems to senior citizens without the money and other by scaring them into it... okay that's is the personal opinion that I have. On top of that I have had several friends/family members who have been royally screwed by such companies. Okay to paint an even more descriptive picture of the man, he was also wearing very stylish jeans with his professional button up shirt. When Chris arrived on the scene the police were standing on the outside of Cafe Rio and the businessman was standing on the inside, not knowing how to unlock the freaking doors to find freedom. His story claims that he came back to Cafe Rio after closing hours to drop off a friend and decided to use the facilities before his drive back up to Idaho. While using the restroom the closing manager left and secured the building. To his shock while exiting the bathroom, our business friend set off the alarms at Cafe Rio... This in my opinion is one of the funniest stories that has happened while I have lived in Logan.
No comments:
Post a Comment