I survived my first year of teaching and now I'm reaping the sweet, sweet reward of summer. Teaching is a lot of work and there are good days and bad days, but summer makes up for a lot of the bad days. It is such an amazing feeling to wake up and think, "I'm getting paid to rest, relax, and work on my own teaching development." Summer is even better as a teacher.
For the summer I did get a second job which has been great. I have to get up 4:30 am, but the pros outweigh the cons. The only problem that is hard to get over are the customers. It's a NEW establishment in Blanding and they don't have everything figured out. Needless to say, a lot of Blanding citizens think that complaining/yelling at the front desk employee will somehow change everything. Surprise, surprise IT DOESN'T!
I went up to Salt Lake to visit my mom for Memorial weekend. Of course City came with me :)
David and Mom at Stephen's grave.
David and I at Stephen's grave.
Chris and I have been able to go on a few hikes in the last few weeks. I have really enjoyed the quality time with Chris and the wildflowers!
This ruin is found at Butler Wash. It is called Nine Room Ruin. I still can't believe that the Anasazi people survived in locations like this. This ruin is basically perched on top of a ridge.
City and I enjoying a photo shoot by some really interesting rock formations. I love my little boy (can you tell I'm treating City like my first child??).
City always amazes me. I think he should be a dog model for mountain-type products. Doesn't he look like he could be on some risky adventure with Bear Grylls?








3 comments:
You totally kicked butt this year so you should be proud! I'm glad you are liking your summer job and I like seeing your smiling face when we come swimming!!
love you guys! the tiele pic is really good you guys look great.
Good grief I can not type. i meant the title pic. geez.
Post a Comment