
I realize we are no longer a part of the Medieval times (thankfully). We have science, education, and history to help better our lives in every single aspect; however, I believe there is something to chivalry. You might find my existence a walking contradiction since I have feminist tendencies, but I'm willing to set myself up to express my opinion in this matter! Many of you know that we are buying a home in Blanding. We are very excited to purchase our first home! We've been able to rely heavily on my mom as far as opinions and adult expertise lie. That being said, my mom is always acting on our best interest and does not do the things she does out of selfish gain. In Blanding there is one mortgage company, Chris and I decided to use their services instead of going through a credit union. We didn't gain anything by using the local company... NOTHING. In fact we were quoted a slightly lower interest rate and were always handled with the best customer service by the credit union, but we went local feeling that the act would start us out on the correct foot in such a small town. My mother has been communicating with the company throughout the process and has been surprised by their "customer service."
.... At this point in my ramblings I feel like I should share a memory with you. I have a very vivid memory of my mother being yelled at by an obscure neighbor and his son when I was a teenager. These two men were tall, well built, and very loud. They towered over my 5'4" mother and were relentless. They were upset about my brother's loud car and driving speed. (Mind you their home is located 3 houses down from ours and my brother would always brake before approaching our home... putting two and two together leads me to believe that his driving speed was around 15-20 mph.) I was shocked to see a mature adult male yell, use profanities, and try to intimidate my mother. It has always upset me....
Back to my ramblings. The local mortgage company's representative has been very rude over the phone to my mother. He has been courteous to me (home buyer), but shows his true colors to my mother. I realize my mom is very passionate, but I know she is always honest and respectable while on the phone. She would never stoop to the level of yelling or being abrasive to a client. This representative, unfortunately, does not have the same mentality. It bothers me first because we are customers and secondly because my mother deserves more respect then was shown to her. I feel the urge to tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine, but we are in a small town where word travels. I'm back to age old dilemma concerning family honor. When this whole process is done with I will be happy, no ECSTATIC, to not have to deal with him ever again!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment