Saturday, January 9, 2010

I think I'm slowly killing myself :)

Stress: mental, emotional, or physical strain caused, e.g. by anxiety or overwork.

This word defines my days right now. I am stressed about student teaching (and it hasn’t even started yet), moving, and MONEY. I have always lived by the “what if?!?!?” scenario and the stress that comes with it. Living this way is rather stupid, I agree completely, but how does an individual recondition their mind to think differently? I was so relaxed in California that I thought positively about the move to Texas, but now that I am home the stress is back on. The sucky thing is the stress is affecting the last few days I have with my mom and my relationship with Chris. We are usually laid back but when I’m stressed I somehow get us arguing. It’s a character flaw that I passionately hate. I don’t even think there is anything of necessity to be stressed about but yet I do.

Onto a new subject! We are all packed up with ABF. This company is very different from UHAUL in that you can get a cube, or trailer delivered to your home that you pack yourself. However, you do not have to drive the truck. It was a great solution to our situation and we even saved money by taking our stuff to the terminal in Salt Lake. We reserved two cubes but managed to save about $600 by only using one cube. The downer is that we will not have a couch when we arrive to Houston. Oh well I guess!

The relocube that we used was scary to see at first because it doesn’t seem big at all. The real truth to the matter is it’s tall! So instead of packing out you must pack up. I’m a little nervous about our packing job because the boxes and all the rest of our junk will inevitably shift in transit. Hopefully everything will survive!

No comments: